02 October, 2007

Another one bites my ass...

'Let go' again... I know it's the nature of temp work but it would be nice not to feel like a used sanitary towel once in a while. Oh well. IT WAS BORING ANYWAY. Yeah I hope you're reading (I really don't, I've got to work there another two days yet). You don't need to call customers TWICE in a single day just because your temps are actually competent human beings and have already got through their whole workload by lunchtime. Not enough work? Don't hire so many temps. No wonder the pay was good.

Anyhow, no point moping, so I'm going to start bollocksing on about one of my other favourite subjects; university. Or, more specifically today, Freshers Week.

Freshers Week adds a few interesting decorative touches to my locale. The parking meter being attractively veiled by a polystyrene tray of mushy chips; the cars sporting fashionable orange cone hats; interesting crusty patches on the pavement; garlands of students hanging off the cash machines all along London Road, weeping at how much of their fresh new student loan they have spent on alcohol in the last forty eight hours. It's beautiful, it really is.
But despite all this beauty blossoming around me, I do have one complaint: SOME PEOPLE OUT THERE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT IT IS NEVER, EVER, GOING TO BE ACCEPTABLE OR RIGHT FOR THEM TO WEAR MINISKIRTS. I'm serious. STOP IT. RIGHT NOW.
I think I'm going blind. Have some decency, for Christ's sake.

No comments: